Farmer’s Autumn Breakfast
November 16, 2020
- 2 eggs
- Optional: red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup raw spinach, stems removed and chopped
- 1 small apple, sliced
- 1 slice whole wheat sourdough bread, toasted
- Toast bread in toaster or oven until golden brown.
- Coat saute pan with 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil. Heat pan on medium-high heat. Place sliced apples in saute pan, uncovered. Cook on one side for 1-2 minutes, flip and cook slices on other side for 1-2 minutes, until both sides are browned. Remove apple slices from pan.
- Prepare spinach, remove stems and rough chop. Heat pan on medium-high heat with the rest of the Olive Oil. Add spinach and saute for about 1-2 minutes or until spinach has wilted. Remove from pan.
- To poach eggs: prepare small saucepan of boiling water, add 1 Tbsp of white vinegar, create vortex with whisk and place cracked egg in boiling water. Cook for 5-7 minutes (depending on desired consistency). Remove egg, and repeat with 2nd egg. Season with red pepper flakes.
- To scramble eggs: coat saute pan with olive oil. Heat pan on low-medium heat. Beat two eggs in bowl and add to pan. Let egg mixture rest in pan on low heat for about 1 minute, then begin to pull egg into center from each side with a spatula. Let eggs cook until desired consistency, in the center of the pan. Remove scrambled eggs and season with red pepper flakes.
- Plate toast, apples, spinach, and eggs. Enjoy!