Savory Spring Breakfast Plate
May 11, 2021
- 2 Eggs or Tofu Scramble
- Optional: red pepper flakes
- 1 Slice of whole grain toast
- 1 cup of Greens: Spinach, Kale, or Chard
- ½ Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ Tomato, sliced
- Toast bread in toaster or oven until golden brown.
- Prepare Greens, remove stems and rough chop. Heat pan on medium-high heat with ½ Tbsp of Olive Oil. Add greens and sauté for about 1-2 minutes or until wilted. Remove from pan.
- Prepare spinach, remove stems and rough chop. Heat pan on medium-high heat with the rest of the Olive Oil. Add spinach and sauté for about 1-2 minutes or until spinach has wilted. Remove from pan.
- To scramble eggs: Beat two eggs in bowl and add directly to pan after removing Greens. Let egg mixture rest in pan on low heat for about 1 minute, then begin to pull egg into center from each side with a spatula. Let eggs cook until desired consistency, in the center of the pan. Remove scrambled eggs and season with red pepper flakes.
- To poach eggs: prepare small saucepan of boiling water, add 1 Tbsp of white vinegar, create vortex with whisk and place cracked egg in boiling water. Cook for 5-7 minutes (depending on desired consistency). Remove egg, and repeat with 2nd egg. Season with red pepper flakes.
- Plate toast, sliced tomatoes, sautéed greens, and eggs. Enjoy!